Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dream #17, starring my cats.

Julius (close enough)

and I had established some sort of link

and he was suddenly able to communicate with me.

Or maybe with everyone. (Not actually a Julius.)

I taught him how to identify colors,

and he became a color-telling machine. (That's Clever Hans, for you uneducated boobs. Look it up!)

I tried to get Adolph (namesake!)

to do the same, but he couldn’t be bothered.

I invited Julius out with me to get ice cream

and he agreed, so long as he didn’t have to wear his leash.

He said it chafed his neck.

We went out and suddenly I was talking to Hep (!?)

at her job. She was the only American and the only woman

in a company full of British men

with devastatingly panty-soaking accents.

I plotted and connived to steal her job from her,

but decided at the last minute that these ponces

were not worth a commute to Cupertino.

Then there was something about my grandmother being blind,

which she is.


Good morning.

No comments: